Basecamp / Exchange
To make the exchange student experience the reality of the periphery, to create a bond with the people of the community and to develop a social work according to the reality of each one.
About the Project
In Jardim dos Alamos we have a large community, known as campo. In it reside people in high index of vulnerability. People do not have a fixed address, do not receive correspondence, do not have basic sanitation. The going of health professionals is rare. With this in mind, the ProBrasil Association decided to create a project so that the exchange students can experience what it is like to live in a community and from that, they can develop works that contribute to a better quality of life.
ROSE ANDREA RIBEIRO VICENTE
- 1998 Child development worker – Ammunition and social rehabilitation service home Meimei
- 2009 Child Development Assistant – Pequeno Príncipe Community Association
- 2010 Work with Monte Azul Association at Rudolf Steiner College – Switzerland
- 2010 Aprender a ser Project – ProBrasil Association
- 2016 Coordinator Basecamp Jardim dos Álamos
Basecamp was inaugurated on 11/05/2016 and currently serves 40 children and teenagers with English language courses and socio-educational activities.
The space also serves as support to the Family Social Assistance Service (SASF) for meetings and services to the families of the community.